Source Code for Cooks
Learn the basics of flavor and flavor creation. Translate those skills into recipe-free cooking. Don’t be a slave to prescriptive recipes. Practice core ratios and culinary techniques as foundations for your creativity.
- Taste awareness
- Culinary technique and science, nutrition
- Creative, adventurous and delicious cooking and dining
- Life-long connection to nourishment and the universe
- Curiosity, Community and Collaboration
- Confidence to create and lead
- Efficient, positive flow in the kitchen
- The art of daily living with food
The SCC intensive runs for 4 days and 7 class units, from Thursday through Sunday: One opening session on Thursday, 3 p.m., followed by two sessions each on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. All students participate in tasting and hands-on cooking practice with individual attention from Liv and chef-assistants. All 7 classes end with a shared, casual meal.
The course ends with a final 7th session where you are presented with a "farmers market;" you "shop" the market and then prepare a 30-minute meal, recipe free, using the flavor-building, ratios, and culinary techniques learned. We sit down together to a celebratory tasting and meal.
7 Session intensive
6 Participant minimum
Located at: Liv's Learning Kitchen
Book Your Group
Please tell us a little about your group--e.g. corporate team, leadership groups, health professionals, chefs, friends, couples, families culinarians--and list 2 or 3 dates that work for you.